Sunday, May 9

Inspired by Paris...Thanks to the blogs!

bedroom sitting spot 
When I want to get away...I take a bubble bath, put on something pretty and comfortable and with a glass of wine I go online to my favorite blogs that show me pretty places and interesting people.  My first favorite blog was http://parisapartment.wordpress.com/
How I love that blog!  I love the interiors, the flowers, the pretty things she shows.  I love french style and after looking at the pretty rooms, I get inspired to move things around, repaint...redo.  I rearranged my bedroom with the frenchiest things I had after spending an afternoon catching up on all that I missed when I discovered Claudia and her beautiful blog. 
Another blog I found through the Paris Apartment is http://a-la-parisienne.blogspot.com/
What beautiful things can be found in that blog...the colors shown are so beautiful.  The photos make me happy to see that there is such beauty in the world.  I like how the blogs will also show you a piece...like a pretty chandelier or a delightful little tchotchke to inspire.  I look around and think about the things I have found at estate sales like my wall candelabra.  I painted it silver to go with the things in my bedroom and I just love it although I would be afraid to actually put candles in it and burn my house down. 
vintagedesignsmith@flickr.com plate rack for my jeweled treats 

I also had a cute idea for storing jewelry that is a very popular photo on my flickr site.  Of course, if Target would stop getting in such great jewelry at wonderful prices then it would all actually fit!  I am also inspired by the colors and inspiration boards on http://cocokelley.blogspot.com/
They show a modern slant on design and I just love that vibe as well as the beautiful fashions they show.  My bedroom has become the peaceful place I need it to be because of blogs like these!
Romancing the home
Of course, there are always projects. I have an big french pine armoire that once held a television and I finally got that thing out of the bedroom. Now I want to restyle the interior for another use so when I open the doors I am excited to see what treasures I have stashed away.  
view from bed, television cabinet
What does Paris have in store for me? What blogs inspire you?


No comments:

Post a Comment