Wednesday, January 1

An Organized Life...

We all start out with lots of ideas, we clean out our desk and our closets usually to be sidetracked by photographs and letters, maybe an idea to write down or a forgotten bill.  We find things we bought still wearing their tags, still new.



Because I was very sick last year and a close friend recently died after a long and happy life, it made me realize how quickly time was going by and how some things just aren't that important.  As I was sitting in the doctor's office I read an article in Time magazine called "The Art of Living".  I realized I couldn't neglect my creative dreams any longer.  As I've gotten healthier I spend a bit of time every day cleaning and organizing, purging myself of the junk for a more stylish and productive life.

I got to the Pinterest idea of a chalkboard in an old frame.  I found a place for the funky twig tea cake stand to hold my chalk and flash drives as well as the cell phone I usually misplace.  I wrote out my goals and pinned them to my pretty gold framed cork board I dug out of the garage and I have a mason jar from my daughter's wedding to start throwing change in.

The computer is getting a clean out as well and it's feeling great to get to the things that are more important.  Big things are in store for this year and I am making the space for my priorities and dreams to become reality!

Did you notice how tiny my desk is?  I found that I am less likely to fill it with junk if it's small.

No comments:

Post a Comment